Friday, September 4, 2015

REVIEW - Kiko Face Make Up Fixer



Quite some time ago I was in Paris looking at all the amazing products Kiko has to offer. One of the first things that caught my eye was their Face Make Up Fixer, which is a setting spray for your makeup. Since I have oily skin and I had never tried a makeup setting spray before, I decided to get it and see if it actually works.



One of the first things I noticed looking at the ingredients, is that it contains a lot of alcohol. Alcohol in makeup setting sprays is not necessarily an uncommon ingredient, but it does have a few disadvantages. First of all, it smells really strong. It is a fragrance free spray, but because of this it smells so strongly of alcohol that I am not so sure that the fragrance free part is actually an advantage in this case. Also, if you have sensitive skin, spraying on a product that contains a lot of alcohol might not be the most pleasant feeling. I do not have any problem with this however. Also, you have to be careful not to open your eyes too quickly after spraying it on, because you might end up with red, watering eyes and tears rolling down your cheeks, completely ruining your makeup. (Unfortunately, I speak from experience when I say this..)

With all that said, let’s jump in to the good things about this setting spray. First of all, I love that it is such a fine mist that is easy to spray on and does not leave your makeup feeling wet for a little while, like the Mac Fix + does. It is definitely quick and easy and takes pretty much no time to dry. Also, it does not mess with the makeup you have on. Whenever I spray this on after applying a full face of makeup, I do not notice any difference. And of course, I love how it makes my makeup last just that little bit longer. I do not think it is a miraculous product and you can suddenly wear your makeup for days without fading, but I do notice a difference in terms of how fresh my makeup looks. I feel like my foundation stays on better and especially powder products like bronzer and blush stay on for a lot longer.

If you have oily skin or if you are just interested in a way to make your makeup last longer, I would definitely recommend trying this product out, you won’t regret it!

The Kiko Face Make Up Fixer retails for €7.90/£7.90

Have you ever tried a makeup setting spray? If so, which one is your favorite? Let me know!

X Elvira

No comments: