Saturday, August 8, 2015

REVIEW - Too Faced Beauty Experts Darlings



Whenever I go to Sephora I can’t help myself from looking at the cute kits with samples that all the brands make, which are usually quite cheap too! I stumbled upon this Beauty Experts Darlings kit from Too Faced. Being a total Too Faced newbie myself, I was very intrigued to try out these samples and see what I thought of the brand. To be honest, when I opened the packaging I was a little disappointed. When they say ‘samples’ they really do mean samples… The products are tiny, which you wouldn’t expect from the size of the packaging and the size of the photos of the products on the packaging. To be honest I think a lot of people get this without even realizing they are samples. 

Nonetheless, it is a great way of trying out new products and they are perfect handbag/traveling size too!
So what is in it? The kit contains the top 4 favorites, apparently chosen by some of the biggest, most influential beauty experts on the planet. These 4 favorites are; the Chocolate Soleil medium/deep matte bronzer, the La Crème Color Drenched lip cream in the shade Naked Dolly, the Better Than Sex mascara and the Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer.

Chocolate Soleil medium/deep matte bronzer

First of all, I love the fact that this bronzer smells exactly like a chocolate bar! And you know how some bronzers can be orange and glittery? Fortunately, this one is the complete opposite! A super matte bronzer that has a really nice shade to bronze or contour the face with. Also, it is crazy pigmented, but very easy to blend out. So if you get too much product on your brush, you can just blend it out and it will still look good! I really like this bronzer and even though it is very small, it will last a very long time because of the amazing pigmentation.

La Crème Color Drenched lip cream Naked Dolly
I immediately fell in love with the shade when I saw it. It is a beautiful pink-nude color that looks really flattering on the lips. It has a nice satin finish and leaves the lips feeling smooth and moisturized. The formula is really creamy but not sticky, and it smells amazing and has great longevity.

Better Than Sex mascara

This mascara basically has everything you could want in a mascara. It is lengthening, gives the lashes volume and it doesn’t smudge underneath the eyes or looks clumpy. The brush is quite big, but it is not at all difficult to apply and very easy to remove too. Overall I think it is a great mascara and I have been using it pretty much every day since I got it.

Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer
This is definitely the best eye shadow primer I have ever tried! It is quite a thick cream in a nude color to create a nice base for the eye shadows on top. It makes the color of your eye shadow more vibrant and last a really long time. If you have oily eyelids, this is a must have product for you! No more creased and faded eye shadow!

All in all, I love all four of these products and I think it is great value for money. I can’t wait to try out more of the Too Faced products and get obsessed with those too!

The Too Faced Beauty Experts Darlings retails for $20.00

No comments: